Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Quick Update

Happy 2 months to our baby boy!

We saw our pediatrician today and she felt Ethan is starting to go into heart failure. They have moved up his cardiology visit to this Friday. His lasix was increased to twice a day. He is gaining weight but not a lot. He is up to 8lbs 15oz and 22 in. He is starting to worked harder to breath while he is eating or other small activities. His liver is enlarged which is a sign his heart not pumping efficiently. This is a change from his visit 3 wks ago. He is not 'acutely' sick but she wants his cardiologist to see him. She anticipates we will be referred to the cardio thoracic surgeon for evaluation for surgery soon.

I just feel so numb... My heart is so heavy... My mind and body feel listless... This is completely out of my hands and it is in Gods hands. Speaking from someone who likes to maintain a sense of control!!! I knew this was going to happen but it's just crazy how 'Normal' for him I've gotten used to. I have noticed changes in his breathing with activity. He is very peaceful when he is just resting, but that is not ideal.

He got all of his immunization a except projectile vomited the Rotateq. He screamed bloody murder for 15 minutes after the 3 shots. For those that have seen or heard us talk about Ethan.. He does not cry. I still have tears hearing that little cry come out of my baby boy!!!

So please, say a prayer for us on Friday. I know you already have us in your blessing. We love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for Ethan!! (((Hugs)))
Angela Young