Sunday, November 11, 2012

We are HOME!!

Well, we have BEEN home ;)

WOW, it's been awhile since my last post. Ethan got discharged home on Tuesday from Children's. He was sent home with the NG tube (nasogastric tube aka feeding tube). We are feeding him a bottle and what he doesn't take by mouth we give the rest down his NG tube. He eats better in the evening, sometimes will finish an entire bottle. We have to feed him every 3 hours around the clock. So if he is sleeping then he gets woke up, except at night... If he is sleeping, leave the sleeping baby SLEEP!! I just tube feed him then. Most of this is due to he gets so tired from eating and burns up all these calories- hence the minimal weight gain prior to this admission. As of Thursday he was up 1lb 4oz!! Weighing in at 9lbs 10oz!! We see the cardiologist on Friday. Anxious to see if he is 10lbs by then. He most certainly should be!! Everyone is adjusting well. We are finally getting back into a routine. Eli is doing very well and I don't know how I got so lucky to have him as such a big helper. He has certainly grown up on me. So the plan for surgery is a waiting game, it can go one of two ways... He has to be retested for the viral screen (RSV, influenza- flu, parainfluenza- croup, rhinovirus- common cold ** rhino is what he tested positive for this past admission** these are just to name a few) he has to test negative UNLESS his cardiologist doesn't think he can wait anymore like his respiratory status gets worse, starts losing weight again, ect. The reason to wait if he tests positive for any of these tests is to decrease major complications after his surgery like extended ventilator time (breathing tube/machine), pneumonia or other respiratory infections. YUCK!! And of course we are approaching WINTER, FLU, COLDS UUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

Ethan is feeling much better. I wish I could get his HUGE smile for you to see. It's perfect. He melts my heart!!! Of course he stops as soon as I take a picture, it's like a game. He wants to laugh so hard because I tell him he is doing it on purpose!! I also have this absolutely amazing video of Ethan making noises, but it's after I do so it's even cooler like we are having our own little conversation. Don't laugh I sound ridiculous, but it's a home video ;)

Oh darn it!! I can't get it to upload. Well here is a picture from today. Poor guy still doesn't feel the greatest...


 


No comments: