Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ethan is here!!!!!

Ethan Matthew celebrated his birthday today! He was born at 6:56pm. 7lb 10oz 21in. I was at our weekly checkup and as our doctor was going over our plan for induction on Monday my water broke!!! Well its a good thing I grabbed those last minute essentials like my camera! Anyways I had a fantastic labor and delivery. My nurses were the best. Due to his significant heart defect he will be in the NICU, but we knew he would need to go there. He's having some issues with his oxygen levels/heart rate dropping when he is asleep, low blood sugars, and regulating his temperature.  But they say he is doing great. I got to snuggle him for awhile before they whisked him away. Thankfully he is just down the hall, it seems like an eternity away. We can go visit him at any time, but it's not the same as having him right beside me. Especially as I hear all the babies crying in the rooms next to me. it's too soon to tell how long he will need to stay, but just hope for a speedy recovery so we can go home!

Thank you for all your love, prayers, and support.

No comments: